Thursday, July 28, 2011

June Diary of Events Stepanavan

These 2 women wanted to take a picture with our group.....[I'm not in the picture because I took it ;) ]
An amazing waterfall...before hiking down the hill.

Our beautiful Armenian women and their work of art.
Me and Romina counting down all the fish we caught...3 in total with 15+ people...
This guy really knows his work well...

Az running after the bus. I think we were gonna leave him to his bathroom. Most hated thing about being in nature... no bathrooms :(


June 25
Before going to Stepanavan we went to pick up some interns that are in Gyumri. On our way there we stopped by this amazing bakery. This guy literally gets in the OVEN! to put bread to be baked. It was reeeallllyyy cool and I think he really enjoyed the attention and all the women taking pictures of him ;)
Went to Stepanavan Botanical Gardens and Fishing!!! I had sooo much fun fishing! It was my first time fishing and I think I was the best ;) Yes I think I have my nose too stuck in the air but with over 15 people and catching 3 fish, I caught 2! So this really makes me awesome. me and Romina (friend from LA and Birthright), had such an awesome time. The bus was a bit packed but it was still fun. We sang old Armenian songs and clapped. However, I'm not sure who the DJ was, I really didn't like the songs that were put on the bus. We need new ones. The Botanical Garden was just soooooooooo beautiful that nothing can describe it. I think I would have loved to maybe camp there. Me be me decided to hike down this mini waterfall and just walk around the small river. I think I had better time being all muddy then being a goody good girl and staying up the mountain. Walking back to the bus was fun too. We were singing old songs again and these women thought we were really American so she was like they are just tourists and we turned around and said something back in Armenian. They were sooo embarrassed! I think I took a picture, I need to go back and check....

No comments:

Post a Comment