Thursday, July 28, 2011

June Diary of Events 2


PREPARING FOR WORLD REFUGEE DAY WITH SOME OF MY NEW FRIENDS FROM BIRTHRIGHT!---Painting posters...I was given writer for a really long sentence in Armenian on cloth!


June 19
This was such an interesting day. Vram took us to Erebouni which was AMAZING! I had no idea Armenia had such a history and an old CASTLE! Unfortunately it's not standing but I think historians as well as archaeologists would love to visit there. Make sure you get someone to tell you the history. The only bad thing is you have to pay to take pictures.
next on our list was the Victory Park and Military Museum. I think I will be going there again. I have family who have fought in the wars so I think I should know a little more about some of the wars that Armenians were involved in. I felt a bit bad for knowing so little about Armenia's past. We call ourselves Armenian and we don't even know the history and wars.

We went to Cascade and visited the Art Gallery. I was about to go insane at the souvenir store. There were soooo many things I wanted to buy! Anyone who goes to Cascade should visit the first floor!! Every floor we went we went outside to take pictures. Since Tatev's and Ani's camera is a LOT better then mine, I'm sure they have a lot better pictures... gotta make sure I get some from them....when I find time..


June 20
Me and Tatev went to our first day as interns! I don't know about anyone else but I think I have landed i a great place. I'm curious as to who we will meet!

June 22
Anush Opera!!!!! I really wanted to take grandma to see the show. She's always wanted to see it but we got some bad news about a relative so she didn't want to do anything else but to stay home. So I took Aza (uncle's wife) and I loved it! I wish my camera took long videos and i could record the whole show and watch it later on. Although I liked the end of the show, I wasn't too fond of Anush in the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment