Sunday, August 28, 2011

Thank you Armenian Assembly! ( a letter from AAA Intern Angela Babayan)


I feel like I haven't left Armenia. I feel like I'm vacationing in the U.S. It's so weird to be back home. I don't fit in anymore. I think my views have broadened so much in the last 2 months that I am no longer the same person. Yes, I'm experiencing another form of culture shock. I just haven't figured out what it is yet.
I don't know what to say. To be honest...I am speechless....I have never been able to go somewhere and feel like I'm home in such a short time. From using the marshutni's to the buses and making friends wherever I went. This was not my first visit to Armenia but I can say, for sure, this was the BEST! I have never appreciated a place so much. So much history and belief that it just blew my mind away. This Internship Program helped me not only network with people I would love to work with and get to know more but it has given me friends to cherish for the long run. From the meetings with prominent individuals in the Armenian community, to the excursions around Armenia, this has been the most memorable trip I have taken in my life. Thank you for the opportunity. It has been a pleasure getting to know everyone. I have already missed all the staff!!! I love them all very much and I hope to see you all next year!
Thank you soooooo much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment