Monday, August 8, 2011

August Diary of Events Dilijan

June 6
They say the best trips are with your family. I think I have enjoyed my trip to Dilijan with morkur and the kids soooo much that I can't imagine going away from them at the end of this summer. I have become so attached to this land that I just can't imagine leaving.....
It took forever until my aunt got everything together. But I think i was rushing to see the beauty of Dilijan....
On the way, I think I took wayyy too many pictures....it's ok. I think throughout this whole trip in Armenia, I think today was the max out point of taking pictures....
After A LONG TIME OF LOOKING FOR THE HOUSE, dropping all the stuff in a house very similar to a farm house, we decided to go to Haghartsin Monastery. With 2 people that have iPhone's and a Navigation System, we got a bit lost...not sure how that happened...but they say when you get lost you find something new. I think I found a new found love for Dilijan. The beautiful surrounding was just amazing!!!! Pictures can't even DESCRIBE
the beauty, the forest....I'm sure a little bit of pictures would tell a thing or two, but a person has to check it out with their own eyes....
Badminton with Gurgen We went up to the roof of one of the buildings.. My loved ones..

On our way back from the monastery we met a few Koreans. They needed help translating what they wanted. THANK GOD I KNOW ARMENIAN AND ENGLISH!!! The lady working there only knew 'No English'.....
We decided to have a picnic near the river and play Badminton. I didn't know I was going to like it so much. I want to play more!!!!! But aunt made us go eat :(
After a long day of looking for places and getting lost everywhere, coming home was refreshing and it was time to say goodnight.
I wish I could have stayed there longer....my next trip...I want to stay at least 2 days.

June 7
Today we decided to stay home for picnic at home.
After eating, me and Gurgen (cousin) decided to take a stroll near the river...stroll meaning being a monkey and just jumping from place to place and on trees to get across. We didn't make it across, the water is waayyy too dirty and I really didn't want to take a shower in a dirty cold water. So we decided to do something about the trash in the water....by cleaning it!! After two bags of trash, I decided to walk to the trash, about a 1/3 mile away. While walking, I decided to talk to the kids about their thoughts about the dirty water. Seems like no one likes the fact that it's dirty but no one wants to do anything about it.... I think I am going to make a change out of that...the water needs to be cleaned....
Dirty water.....time to clean!!!!!!
My first bag of goodies!!!!!
Gurgen getting a hold on the rock to climb to the other side....we didn't make it to the other side...

No comments:

Post a Comment