Sunday, October 10, 2010

Yerevan


My favorite part of the day is 9 to 10 o’clock in Yerevan. I love walking in the republic square listening the fountains dancing under the music of Khachatryan, Babajanyan, and Mansuryan. Life in Yerevan begins at night. It is too hot in the summer for people to be out during the day. Every corner of the city is glowing with life. The cafes are always full of people. You wouldn't find an empty cafe; every corner of the city is filled with music and people. People just come and come. I see many tourists especially from Iran this summer in Yerevan. Life also moves really slow in this city. In the cafes, the servers take their time to bring your order. On the streets, people are never in a hurry. Coming from US, I am too used to fast pace of life. It is unusual to see people walking slow and taking their time in everything.

The cafeteria where I ate my lunch every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment